Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Unsatisfied people's thread
These are all John Atkinson's measurements. Check them out on Stereophile. I believe he uses 50" on tweeter axis for measurements like this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Fuel my fire.
Tell the whole world that Devialet is unable to maintain or support a product at the early stage of its life cycle.
Put them on trial, launch a class action.
Ask them why anyone within, the Bluetooth emission range, can connect the Phantom ?! Is it a security flaw ?
Why have we bought an unsecured device ?
Have a voice ! Make it louder.
Please excuse my poor reputation
They updated Spark IOS iPhone app with "support" for iPhone X, it actually makes it almost impossible to use now as the volum slider is at the bottom, and it activates app switching. How on earth did they not catch that??
I'm considering buying a pair of phantom golds, but am worried about life span. If they break down after the warranty expires, I'm screwed because apparently they cannot be opened and repaired.

I've tested a pair of golds and to me, they sound much better via Bluetooth and my Samsung music player because it actually has an equaliser that I can use to set the bass and treble to my liking. Spark has no equaliser and even though a wifi connection is supposed to have better quality sound via Spark vs a Bluetooth connection..... It simply doesn't in my opinion. Phantom golds through Spark sound flat and quite dull. It's when I cranked then through my Samsung music player, then they sounded incredible.

Seems like the Spark app is the worst thing about the phantoms and needs a complete overhaul........and especially an equaliser.
@Michalsavatar
The rendering over Bluetooth is not really good and lossy.
Try an Upnp (Dlna) player with an EQ.

I really don't expect the next update to change something...
2 years !!! without a single update or enhancement
2 years !!! that customers are expecting it.
2 years !!! the tech support is not bringing any solution.
2 years !!! Devialet is pretending to work on it
2 years !!! of lies.
(07-Jan-2019, 18:07)daibaron Wrote: 2 years !!! without a single update or enhancement
2 years !!! that customers are expecting it.
2 years !!! the tech support is not bringing any solution.
2 years !!! Devialet is pretending to work on it
2 years !!! of lies.

While I share the same sentiment, at this point I think I've gotten used to having my pair of Gold Phantoms in stereo in my bedroom, playing just Apple Music and nothing more.
(11-Sep-2018, 14:56)frogster99 Wrote: Lets start from the bottom and work up.... First has to be the shocking Spark App it is the worst music/Control app i have ever used.
Then volume levels Wifi vs Bluetooth just don't match up and Bluetooth looks like it has about a 65% max volume lock too.
The phantom is a great bit of kit but future support looks bleak!!

Honestly this is what drives me crazy about my phantoms why did they lock bluetooth at 65%. I know bluetooth is not the best source but sometimes its needed this needs sorting out asap, i know it never will though as they dont listen.....
(18-Jan-2019, 17:46)frogster99 Wrote:
(11-Sep-2018, 14:56)frogster99 Wrote: Lets start from the bottom and work up.... First has to be the shocking Spark App it is the worst music/Control app i have ever used.
Then volume levels Wifi vs Bluetooth just don't match up and Bluetooth looks like it has about a 65% max volume lock too.
The phantom is a great bit of kit but future support looks bleak!!

Honestly this is what drives me crazy about my phantoms why did they lock bluetooth at 65%. I know bluetooth is not the best source but sometimes its needed this needs sorting out asap, i know it never will though as they dont listen.....

Or just take YEARS to implement the fix.
Hey D !How long will it take ? Eventually if you guys need few more extra years to bring a fully working solution, Please take your time. At this point no one is expecting something.