Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(16-Apr-2018, 13:01)petrik Wrote:
(16-Apr-2018, 12:56)Celts88 Wrote:
(16-Apr-2018, 12:41)petrik Wrote: This sounds like an issue on your Roon Server. Is your computer powerful enough to do the upsampling and other possible DSP?
If I had the same issue before the CI upgrade I would agree with you, but I had zero issues with DSP up sampling when it was a 1000Pro (non CI), so it isn't my computer being under powered.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

What is the processing speed that you see in Roon? If it is always above 1.0 then your computer should be fine.

44.1kHz file, Processing Speed 80.3x, plays no problem         88.2kHz file, Processing Speed 32.8x, plays no problem         192kHz file, Processing Speed 16.2x, song garbled

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(16-Apr-2018, 13:08)Celts88 Wrote:
(16-Apr-2018, 13:01)petrik Wrote:
(16-Apr-2018, 12:56)Celts88 Wrote: If I had the same issue before the CI upgrade I would agree with you, but I had zero issues with DSP up sampling when it was a 1000Pro (non CI), so it isn't my computer being under powered.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

What is the processing speed that you see in Roon? If it is always above 1.0 then your computer should be fine.

44.1kHz file, Processing Speed 80.3x, plays no problem         88.2kHz file, Processing Speed 32.8x, plays no problem         192kHz file, Processing Speed 16.2x, song garbled

Ok, that looks good. Obviously the problem is somewhere else.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(16-Apr-2018, 07:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So, this might seem like a stupid question but I don’t follow the forums much lately and hadn’t had time to read back over the past few months posts.....

Is the CI board working as intended yet? Are all the software and firmware finished as per the marketting fluff at launch and all working correctly? I’d quite like to send mine off at some point but not until it’s all finished.

I’ve obviously guessed the answer but a summary of what’s going on would really help.

Thanks

Steve,  the answer is as you've guessed.   Like you, I was waiting until all the issues were resolved, and then heard from Devialet that they would end the CI upgrades in the US the end of March (after which would require shipping to Paris), so I went ahead and sent mine in.  The turnaround was very quick - maybe 12 days.   I did hear recently that Devialet has since extended CI upgrades in the US.  Go figure.  Bottom line - they came back and sound great ... most of the time.

Perhaps the most direct answer to your question is that there is still no production DOS or firmware released for the Expert Pro line post CI upgrade.   There are Release Candidates and Betas.  The most recent Release Candidate (which I am using) seems to be working fine EXCEPT no streaming of 192/24 or DSD64 music.   From reading here and the CI log on the Devialet site, other issues still exist as well (not the least of which is their poor communication). 

Be that as it may, I am still thoroughly enjoying the music coming from my Expert Pros.  I am hopeful that they will ultimately resolve the problems in my lifetime, but I'm also not holding my breath.    If I were you, I think I'd keep waiting - at least until they have a formal production release of DOS and the new firmware.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(16-Apr-2018, 07:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: So, this might seem like a stupid question but I don’t follow the forums much lately and hadn’t had time to read back over the past few months posts.....

Is the CI board working as intended yet? Are all the software and firmware finished as per the marketting fluff at launch and all working correctly? I’d quite like to send mine off at some point but not until it’s all finished.

I’ve obviously guessed the answer but a summary of what’s going on would really help.

Thanks

Those who are old enough and live in the UK will remember that most public sector promises, years ago, eventually required at least twice the promised budget and would take at least twice the promised time. The latter practice is now what Devialet seem to subscribe to. 

I remember when the Expert Pro range was launched in July 2016 by Devialet's lead engineer, Mathieu Pernot, at the Oxford Audio event in the UK. Mathieu said that the CI feature would be ready by the end of June 2017. Eleven months.

As we all know, it did not happen and Monsieur Sannie announced (on the Devialet log site) that it would be ready by mid-November 2017 - four and a half months late. Here we are five months later and we still do not have a functioning CI board. Rather like we never had a fully functional, signed off, AIR feature which Monsieur Sannie also promised.

So if we get to the end of May without a complete and fully functioning board we will have taken at least twice the promised time. 

Rather more worrying, from one perspective, is that Monsieur Sannie is no longer CEO - so maybe his successor will honour the promises made, fully and swiftly, but maybe that just will not happen at all.

A bit of accurate commmunication from Devialet would help but that is seemingly wishful thinking.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Thanks team... will hold fire.

Bizarrely when I googled it I came across a video of Sannie doing a factory tour for the CI release - this may be old news but I’d not seen it before. I didn’t watch it all, but the part I did watch seemed to imply the CI board was primarily to bring Experts and Phantom onto the same software platform as it didn’t make sense for Devialet to keep two development streams running.  There was no mention of any other benefits (like SQ) but maybe that was mentioned elsewhere in the video.....

I wish they’d get their act together. I don’t actually care about sq increases and am not expecting any from th board, I just want to get it updated and have some good streaming options for airplay/Spotify etc, as that would be handy for the household, but not at the expense of any glitches. I couldn’t do another AIR experience.

FWIW I figured a new CEO etc would come after the lock in periods that usually follow buyouts/investments ended. It will be based purely on revenue I’d imagine, and the new CEO will be angling for one thing only.... money.

Great summary IanG too, thanks. Wasn’t there also a promise of a new Devialet forum about a year ago?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Just realised I posted in the wrong thread previously, but my 250 is now winging its way to the factory.
I’m in London. So far it’s been to Stanstead, Cologne, Paris CDG, and Le Mans. You’ve got to hope UPS do think about the environment, let alone how much extra rough handling the package may get at each intermediate stop.......

Am nervous on all levels.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hello HiFi-Swlon, can calm you! Everything was fine with me. I think most things happen on the transport, I hope the expert is well packed !! Rolleyes
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Invitati...is?page=67
(Chat 663)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(26-Jun-2018, 08:47)K4680 Wrote: Hello HiFi-Swlon, can calm you! Everything was fine with me. I think most things happen on the transport, I hope the expert is well packed !!   Rolleyes
(Chat 663)

Wow, that was VERY WELL packed! I just used the original box it was shipped in (the box within the box) but I’m not sure it would want to do another journey back and so hope in my case they use a fresh outer box for the return.

What sort of status updates do you get along the way? Anything or just when it’s ready to come back. I got the UPS notification it arrived but nothing else so just wondered.

(26-Jun-2018, 20:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Jun-2018, 08:47)K4680 Wrote: Hello HiFi-Swlon, can calm you! Everything was fine with me. I think most things happen on the transport, I hope the expert is well packed !!   Rolleyes
(Chat 663)

Wow, that was VERY WELL packed! I just used the original box it was shipped in (the box within the box) but I’m not sure it would want to do another journey back and so hope in my case they use a fresh outer box for the return.

What sort of status updates do you get along the way? Anything or just when it’s ready to come back. I got the UPS notification it arrived but nothing else so just wondered.

I got notification that my amps had passed their final burn in test and were on their way back to me. About ten minutes later, the door bell went, and there they were!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-Jun-2018, 00:01)Axel Wrote:
(26-Jun-2018, 20:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(Chat 663)

I got notification that my amps had passed their final burn in test and were on their way back to me. About ten minutes later, the door bell went, and there they were!

Wink Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria