Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.12.5 and the problem returns
Sorry to hear you are suffering too.
I’ve had no solution from Devialet so far.
I’ve had them on for most of the weekend and it’s not reoccurred yet, but it will.

Have you submitted a ticket to Devialet?

I’m set up with both phantoms to Ethernet connection via switch. I do not want to change this or feel that I should need to given the price and promises associated with these.

Currently looking at kef LS50 II plus sub woofer as possible replacement. May be able to claw back some on the phantoms before they are obsolete. It’s coming in my view. The older versions are not going to keep stability with updates going forward. Just like an old iPhone,it will be left to slowly die.

An occasional polite email reply from Devialet is not enough to address the issues with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have had 2.12.5 and been fine for couble of days. No dropouts. One pink noise scream issue but never occured again. For 2 days now I have with the Toslink one phantom goes silence for 10 seconds then comes back, repeat maybe 15 times an hour. Airplay Tidal, 1-2 songs ok then one Phantom goes silence and then complete silence musik stops abrubtly. Its like they have reverted back to 2.12.3 but both are reporting 2.12.5 Anyone with similar experience? Stereo Golds J42s.
Since 2.12.5 my pair of Silver almost just doesn't work (in stereo). One of them (depending on the source) just stops working. When I unplug them it may work, or maybe not, or maybe after 5 minutes, but eventually it'll stop working again.

Originally on 2.12.5 I had minor stereo drops, so I called Devialet. Since I called them it's just totally went to shit. I'm awaiting responses from Devialet... we'll see.

I'm tempted to just get another ADC and use direct optical mode from now on. They're not able to produce reliable software nor to fix issues promptly...
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
Sorry to hear your troubles.
I share the frustration.
Intrigued by your reference to direct optical option.
How would this work and what is the benefit?
Thanks

(20-Feb-2021, 08:54)tsmithpam Wrote:
(20-Feb-2021, 04:23)JDtheJD Wrote:
(20-Feb-2021, 01:02)BAMBAMODA Wrote: Have you tried a reflash?  Maybe not everything took

You are not the only one.  I am so tired of everything working with Devialet support and the reboots t hat I have resorted to using TV sound.  The user/listening experience has become a constant source of disappointment.   The only upside, is that maybe my family will be so irritated that I will get to go ahead to purchase new equipment.

I did get the update and Devialet’s service has been responsive, but the unreliability has been pretty consistent.  I can solve the issue sometimes by swapping the channels via the app a few times, but this really puts a dampener into the listening sessions.  I told Devialet was going to step back a few days and then re-engage.  I am fairly certain that the speakers will work eventually, but this whole reliance on the internet thing has opened my eyes.  Reminds of the early days of so called “plug and pray” upgrades.  I may look into using the phantoms as analogue speakers as much as possible to via the direct mode.  Or maybe I need to look more into the arch.  Bottomline, I am tired of the constant unplugging.

Thanks for reply.

Do you have the same issue, and on 2.12.5?

I had the usual response from Devialet to reset them - as if I wouldn’t have tried that already given the constant hassle. Reset is now the norm and like a switch on procedure.

It was stable all of yesterday though, so still odd it’s so intermittent for me. Rock solid for months before the last two rushed updates though.

Agree on your upside. I spend all last night researching alternatives. What would you consider? Thanks

Supplement - as for future considerations. Very key question. I am thinking KEFs LS50 Metas with the new KEF KC62 sub which seems to be inspired in part by the phantoms. It probably my benchmark budget and sound for speakers though I would be looking into other parts of the audio chain which owning an active speaker allowed me to avoid until now that is.
(22-Feb-2021, 16:53)AcrossTheWaves Wrote: Since 2.12.5 my pair of Silver almost just doesn't work (in stereo). One of them (depending on the source) just stops working. When I unplug them it may work, or maybe not, or maybe after 5 minutes, but eventually it'll stop working again.

Originally on 2.12.5 I had minor stereo drops, so I called Devialet. Since I called them it's just totally went to shit. I'm awaiting responses from Devialet... we'll see.

I'm tempted to just get another ADC and use direct optical mode from now on. They're not able to produce reliable software nor to fix issues promptly...

Hi Mr, 
I know from your profile that you are using a Swissonic ADC, which I have been using for a while.
But the Phantom Gold does not support 24-192.  
I tried to change the settings of the Swissonic to 24ㅡ96, but I failed.
How do you use it?
Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.
I actually managed to get back to some stability in my setup?! I tried to send a network ping to the Phantoms to see if they were still really connected to the network (my network switch said the port was up). At first it wasn't, but after a while the ping went thru, and since then (I've kept the ping running) it is working again without any flaws. Really weird, I'll try again to see if stopping the ping make them unstable again.

(22-Feb-2021, 18:30)tsmithpam Wrote: Sorry to hear your troubles.
I share the frustration.
Intrigued by your reference to direct optical option.
How would this work and what is the benefit?
Thanks

It is a solution that mostly bypasses all the Devialet's software. This means you won't have UPnP/AirPlay/Volume control anymore. You do this by plugging an optical input onto each Phantom (mono-like). I intend to use two ADC (one for right, one for left) and use my Scarlett Focusrite as the analog source (with L/R plugged onto each of the ADC). Another benefit is that there's almost no latency in this mode. If I recall correctly to enable this mode in DOS2 you have to press the button on the back of the Phantoms five times.

(23-Feb-2021, 00:38)Lee inseok Wrote: Hi Mr, 
I know from your profile that you are using a Swissonic ADC, which I have been using for a while.
But the Phantom Gold does not support 24-192.  
I tried to change the settings of the Swissonic to 24ㅡ96, but I failed.
How do you use it?

I'm pretty sure it does support input at 24/192, since I haven't changed a single thing in the Swissonic. Are you connecting it to a Dialog? It's not working at all on a Dialog. On a Phantom directly, it works nice.

How does it does not work? The Phantom isn't detecting the input? In that case you may want to change your optical cable. Not all of them are able to do 24/192. The first cable I used never worked on it, the second one was having frequent dropouts. Switched to an Amazon Basics cable and it's working flawlessly now.

Edit: You've said you tried to change the settings of the Swissonic. How did you do that? Mine doesn't have any settings at all. It's just a small box with a power button, RCA inputs, and optical output. The user manual is just a single page and doesn't mention any settings. This is the one I have: https://www.thomann.de/fr/swissonic_conv...24_192.htm — Are we talking about the same ?
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
(23-Feb-2021, 10:54)AcrossTheWaves Wrote: It is a solution that mostly bypasses all the Devialet's software. This means you won't have UPnP/AirPlay/Volume control anymore. You do this by plugging an optical input onto each Phantom (mono-like). I intend to use two ADC (one for right, one for left) and use my Scarlett Focusrite as the analog source (with L/R plugged onto each of the ADC). Another benefit is that there's almost no latency in this mode. If I recall correctly to enable this mode in DOS2 you have to press the button on the back of the Phantoms five times.

DOS 2 optical direct mode
Thanks re: direct optical. This could be my nuclear option if things continue like they are.

In my current set up I have:
2x classic phantoms each connected to the router via Ethernet via a switch.

Right is fed by optical toslink to my innuos zen mini server which I use to stream and play flac files stored.

Left is fed by optical toslink to my puffin preAmp and rega turntable.

Both phantoms play in stereo. When I want innuos I select right feed from the Devialet app. When I want the turntable I change this to the left feed on the app.

If I went to direct optical:

1. Would the phantoms still play in stereo or would I have to split or manual change the optical feeds from both my sources (innuos and turntable)?

2. How would I control volume?

3. Are they any other consequences I should be aware of given my set up?

Thanks in advance for any guidance on these queries.