Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.12.3 + Devialet app 1.14: it’s there
New update for Devialet apps and  Phantom was all good.
Thanks Devialet for keep improving

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-Feb-2021, 17:28)invictus005 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 16:27)bravocharlie Wrote: UPDATE: I left the speakers unplugged last night (out of frustration more than anything else) and powered them back up this morning. Both booted up, were recognized by the app, and play from all input sources (ethernet, AirPlay2, and optic). This of course happened while I was on the phone with Devialet. Works as designed. I was told that in some cases it can take hours for the speakers to completely update and sometimes will disappear, etc. I'm not sure I understand the logic behind all that, but I'm seeing Roon Ready RAAT connected to and playing to the speakers.

For the moment, all is good (again).
I did the same. Left the speakers unplugged. After plugging them in, it worked fine for a while. But as soon as I switched from Airplay 2 to AUX Toslink it all became messed up. And now nothing works again. 
I’m sure I can get it to briefly work again with another reboot, but this is really starting to piss me off.
(03-Feb-2021, 05:11)bravocharlie Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 17:28)invictus005 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 16:27)bravocharlie Wrote: UPDATE: I left the speakers unplugged last night (out of frustration more than anything else) and powered them back up this morning. Both booted up, were recognized by the app, and play from all input sources (ethernet, AirPlay2, and optic). This of course happened while I was on the phone with Devialet. Works as designed. I was told that in some cases it can take hours for the speakers to completely update and sometimes will disappear, etc. I'm not sure I understand the logic behind all that, but I'm seeing Roon Ready RAAT connected to and playing to the speakers.

For the moment, all is good (again).
I did the same. Left the speakers unplugged. After plugging them in, it worked fine for a while. But as soon as I switched from Airplay 2 to AUX Toslink it all became messed up. And now nothing works again. 
I’m sure I can get it to briefly work again with another reboot, but this is really starting to piss me off.
Well, I spoke too soon. I too have ongoing issues switching between AirPlay2 and Toslink. Speaker(s) randomly go missing and/or reboot. Not happy. I will predict now that they screwed up the Toslink coding in the app/firmware. I dealt with Toslink issues on the last go around. And, I’m tired of being told to reset my speakers by Devialet.
I have a very stable setup with 2 Golds, connected by cable to the network. I have a music server running W10, connected by USB to a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, which is connected by Toslink to one of the speakers. The reason for this setup is that I have integrated room correction from Sonarworks, running in Ableton Live 10 Lite. I am using the room correction for music from Roon and my analogue devices connected to the Scarlett. I don't switch any channels. In case I run music from Roon and one of the analogue devices at the same time, I hear both, but that rarely happens and does not cause any problem. The only disadvantage is the volume control. I fixed the volume in Roon to 100% and use two remotes, old type) to control the volume of the speakers. The volume levels between the input channels can easily be adjusted in Ableton as well. 

This setup was running very stable before the last upgrade and still is. As long as I don't switch input on the Golds. When I switch for example to RAAT and back to optical, the system sometimes hangs, which is solved by rebooting the speakers. Not a big problem because I will anyway stick to the old setup.
@bravocharlie
Can you try from the app send "report a problem* and submit.
And try playing again?
Golds
(03-Feb-2021, 08:29)The source Wrote: @bravocharlie
Can you try from the app  send "report a problem* and submit.
And try playing again?

Submitting the crash report momentarily fixes the issue. At least until you start switching sources and then speakers crash and lock again. Submitting the “report a problem” has the same effect as rebooting the speakers by unplugging them or resetting them by clicking the rear buttons 3-5 times. 

There’s something wrong with the muting feature which the firmware messed up. When switching sources, the speakers mute and then unmute. You can hear faint internal clicks on each speaker, I’m assuming relays. With this new firmware, for whatever reason, the speakers mute while switching sources and remain muted. Submitting the “report a problem” unmutes them. While the report is being submitted a faint click can be heard within each speaker.
(03-Feb-2021, 07:53)Bernd Lahmeyer Wrote: I have a very stable setup with 2 Golds, connected by cable to the network. I have a music server running W10, connected by USB to a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, which is connected by Toslink to one of the speakers. The reason for this setup is that I have integrated room correction from Sonarworks, running in Ableton Live 10 Lite. I am using the room correction for music from Roon and my analogue devices connected to the Scarlett. I don't switch any channels. In case I run music from Roon and one of the analogue devices at the same time, I hear both, but that rarely happens and does not cause any problem. The only disadvantage is the volume control. I fixed the volume in Roon to 100% and use two remotes, old type) to control the volume of the speakers. The volume levels between the input channels can easily be adjusted in Ableton as well. 

This setup was running very stable before the last upgrade and still is. As long as I don't switch input on the Golds. When I switch for example to RAAT and back to optical, the system sometimes hangs, which is solved by rebooting the speakers. Not a big problem because I will anyway stick to the old setup.
Lol what??? Not a big problem??? I switch between three or more sources at least a couple of dozen times a day. I’m not about to hard reset/reboot the system each and every time. Or submit reports. That’s beyond crazy. Not only is this a huge problem, it has made the system completely fubar and inoperable.
I don't understand, everything works perfectly with me so far after the last update. also toslink and switch inputs.
also my old remote controls, no problem.
(03-Feb-2021, 09:40)Johnnydev Wrote: I don't understand, everything works perfectly with me so far after the last update. also toslink and switch inputs.
also my old remote controls, no problem.

Same here.  Old (July 17) Golds and old remotes all working more-or-less* without problems through all the updates since day 1.  Touch wood!  

Reading all the posts here over the last few years owners seem to fall into two camps, one has had very few problems and one has had terrible problems.  One of the common factors in the latter camp that I think I have seen is that those owners often have configurations comprised of speakers from different vintages (although not everyone provides serial numbers).  I am guessing that differences in hardware might be a contributory factor here.  I started with Classics bought a year-or-so apart and had serial problems which drove me to distraction.  Then I took advantage of the "Gold my Phantom" campaign to upgrade to units of the same vintage and have had extremely few problems ever since.  I wonder if this is actually a factor or whether I am imagining it?

* I did have problems with dropouts for a while but I live in an apartment building with very dirty mains power and very congested 2.4GHz spectrum.  So I shut down my 2.4GHz network to force the Phantoms to connect over 5Ghz (roughly 3m line-of-sight to a Unifi AC-HD AP) and the problems disappeared.
iMac 2015 MacOS11.2 BigSur, pair of Gold Phantoms (now Phantom1s) ethernet to one Phantom, Auto wif/PLC to the other.
Before 2.12.3 all good. After 2.12.3 the wifi/PLC Phantom phantom keeps dropping out then automatically reconnecting after several seconds. Done restart, disconnected/disabled optical toslink, etc. No difference. Frustrating. Wife is very irritated (with me).