Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS2 - Impressions?
(05-Feb-2020, 19:37)njaiswal Wrote:
(05-Feb-2020, 00:45)msg Wrote:
(04-Feb-2020, 19:51)msg Wrote: Updated to 2.9.0. A bit of a hassle. Update was successful, but the right speaker wouldn’t play, even though it appeared in and responded to the app. Power cycled the whole system. App couldn’t find the right speaker. Added it as a new speaker, paired it with my other for stereo, and now is working. It’s been a few hours and the input and volume haven’t changed. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And after about 5-6 hours without using the system, the volume reset itself to 35. :-(  So far the input has remained stable.

Switch to optical direct mode... and use a traditional receiver/streamer (sonos, bluesound) to control volume.  That will solve your problem.

I had tried optical direct mode to the left speaker with v. 2.8.5, but that speaker would stop producing sound, even though the right speaker continued fine and the left speaker appeared in the app and would respond to the app. Haven’t tried direct optical with v. 2.9.0 yet. But I will say that after the initial instability under v. 2.9.0, the system remained stable overnight, retaining the dialog optical input and volume unchanged. Fingers crossed.

(06-Feb-2020, 17:11)msg Wrote:
(05-Feb-2020, 00:45)msg Wrote: And after about 5-6 hours without using the system, the volume reset itself to 35. :-(  So far the input has remained stable.

Switch to optical direct mode... and use a traditional receiver/streamer (sonos, bluesound) to control volume.  That will solve your problem.

I had tried optical direct mode to the left speaker with v. 2.8.5, but that speaker would stop producing sound, even though the right speaker continued fine and the left speaker appeared in the app and would respond to the app. Haven’t tried direct optical with v. 2.9.0 yet. But I will say that after the initial instability under v. 2.9.0, the system remained stable overnight, retaining the dialog optical input and volume unchanged. Fingers crossed.

Spoke too soon. Input source and volume remained stable, but right speaker stopped playing (although still responded to the app). What a mess.

(06-Feb-2020, 17:11)msg Wrote:
(05-Feb-2020, 00:45)msg Wrote: And after about 5-6 hours without using the system, the volume reset itself to 35. :-(  So far the input has remained stable.

With optical direct mode, you need to get an optical splitter to split the optical signal into 2 optical outputs.  You then connect each output to each phantom.  Then follow the st

I forgot that you're on DOS2... Devialet doesn't support Optical Direct Mode in DOS2 with Phantom Premiere yet... so ignore what I've suggested... apologies for the confusion...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
I did it, I have 2 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 remote and 1 dialog.  
I am using the 2 Gold and 1 silver in one open space, the gold being in stereo, the silver being mono in the back of the room.  
It eventually works but this is so amateur, requiring multiple manipulation to have the setup right every time you want to listen to music, and start again every time you change sources.  
The sound is still great but I didn’t spend that type of money to start pairing’ unpairing etc… Spark wasn’t great either but at least you could have 3 phantoms paired once and for all (only a pair is possible on DOS2) and through one app you could decide across most of your media.
Some of their competitors are so much better in application for far cheaper (but not as good) sound system.  Come on, Devialet, hire the right people and get your system work
That is painful.... seriously.... every time... go find the phone, fire it up, fiddle around with it... i know it...

Not tried 3 devices in a system or a group..?

Are you joining a stereo system group with another single device group i presume.? 
what source are you using?
seems kind of interesting but un-natural from an app perspective. (given the way the app and systems and groups work)

I do use two pairs in a system , with the dialog feeding one system.  and occasionally join the other system into the group.
In this case find with two systems (two pairs) other than the tiny touch target area its not too bad to add / remove one system from a group.
Not really fiddling with sources in that scenario. - the dialog is locked on the master.  the other system is added and removed.

But that's a pain. Start playing and realize its going in the TV room and the bedroom , oh crap gotta find the phone.....stop stop stop.

Why i started slPhantomTray  https://halrad.com

its still fairly basic and a work in progress....
but works for my use case to avoid hunting for my phone just to play something......
needs a little work to support multiple systems better, it might work as is, if you just ran multiple instances, (hmm test cases to try...)

Group support is not implemented in the current release of the Devialet control API so may not provide much joy for what you are trying to do yet...
but hopefully/plan to add group support in the future, at such time the Devialet IP control API provides support to manipulate groups. 

regards,
scott-