Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.3.0 + DOS 2.2.2
I'm not sure I'd put any trust in the onboard Devialet Configurator since Devialet hasn't announced anything about it. Hopefully, the meeting next week at Oxford Audio may shed light on it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(06-Jul-2018, 17:39)mdconnelly Wrote: I'm not sure I'd put any trust in the onboard Devialet Configurator since Devialet hasn't announced anything about it.   Hopefully, the meeting next week at Oxford Audio may shed light on it.

No, but it definitely shows the wifi is active as you can view the available SSIDs through the web GUI. My wifi is set to off in the SD configuration, so something's amiss. Maybe there's a bug, or the CI doesn't quite know where its getting its config from - web Gui, or SD card? So I guess for now I'll just leave it on but not configured as there's no way to properly turn it off.

They really need to get some docs/info together about the web gui.

I'd add something to the Core Infinity Log for this release, but......

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(06-Jul-2018, 17:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(06-Jul-2018, 17:39)mdconnelly Wrote: I'm not sure I'd put any trust in the onboard Devialet Configurator since Devialet hasn't announced anything about it.   Hopefully, the meeting next week at Oxford Audio may shed light on it.

No, but it definitely shows the wifi is active as you can view the available SSIDs through the web GUI.  My wifi is set to off in the SD configuration, so something's amiss.  Maybe there's a bug, or the CI doesn't quite know where its getting its config from - web Gui, or SD card?  So I guess for now I'll just leave it on but not configured as there's no way to properly turn it off.

They really need to get some docs/info together about the web gui. Core Infinity

I'd add something to the Core Infinity Log for this release, but......

Fixed that for you   Big Grin
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Thanks!

Have listened a bit more with the CI and latest firmware now.

I’d say there’s definitely a chance the SQ has improved slightly compared to before it was sent off, but at the same time am taking with a pinch of salt since; it was away for more than a week and I missed it, it could just be a slight EQ change which tends to have a similar effect, or it might be the hot summer mood! (Or it’s actually better). In any case it’s not mind blowingly different, more on the subtle side, but also it’s not worse which is good news!

I’ve tried Roon AIR and had no issues. Again, I’d say AIR sounds very slightly different to the digiOne - leaner more textured bass, and more ‘air’ (sorry). Whether it’s just preconceived from before I’m not sure - I’ve not used AIR for a while. Am keen to try uosampled to DSD64 or 192 to see if they’re stable. I had a very occasional crackle at 192 with Roon AIR previously whereas the digiOne was solid.

I went to try Spotify last night but realised you need the upgraded account. So I might actually try it for a month or two as a friend had it and I listened at work with them and found it much better in terms of new music discovery than Tidal, and everyone seems to use it. But then I’m paying for two subscriptions as I need Tidal for Roon....

Definitely going to try Airplay today. Correction, tried it, it works. Useful to have and looking forward to Bluetooth.

All-in-all I think I waited until the right time to upgrade. I really hope they don’t regress it and they just keep fixing/improving/adding features...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

OK, I freely admit that the following should be taken with more than a pinch of salt, for many reasons including expectation bias etc, but I have to say after a couple of nights listening, the CI upgraded 250 sounds;

-a little more organic
-a bit smoother
-somehow a little more ‘real’
-playing at a higher volume for same perceived loudness

I have adjusted my main EQ that sits on top of my room Correction a fair bit, mostly sloping treble down further and increasing bass slightly (except below 30hz where Ive reduced). So this could in fact be part or all of the reason, but that said I’d played with similar EQ and still never got to this point pre CI.

Again, this could 100% be imagined, but that’s my latest observations - let’s see if they hold or might just need to be put down to wishful thinking.

Definitely trouble free too to my amazement.

Had my first ‘glitch’ with the iOS app today.

Having tried Airplay, which was great and meant could just have a bit of fun - Spotify (non premium), few YouTube toddler videos, tunein radio, bandcamp website, you name it - the iOS remote went weird when back on aes input.   It now shows the mute symbol even though it’s not muted - sound’s coming out of the amp . I then unmute (still sound coming out) and change volume it then updates a bit and the volume changes but then shows the mute symbol again. Just to be clear, at no point is the sound muted it’s just the iOS app display. I need to double check what’s on the amp screen when I’m next back. (Edit: the dev display doesn’t show mute in this situations, only the iOS app, plus the Roon app too)

So that’s my first flaky thing and definitely never seen it before. Presumably a reset of the amp will fix? Will try that.

(15-Jul-2018, 08:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Had my first ‘glitch’ with the iOS app today.

Having tried Airplay, which was great and meant could just have a bit of fun - Spotify (non premium), few YouTube toddler videos, tunein radio, bandcamp website, you name it - the iOS remote went weird when back on aes input.   It now shows the mute symbol even though it’s not muted - sound’s coming out of the amp . I then unmute (still sound coming out) and change volume it then updates a bit and the volume changes but then shows the mute symbol again. Just to be clear, at no point is the sound muted it’s just the iOS app display. I need to double check what’s on the amp screen when I’m next back.

So that’s my first flaky thing and definitely never seen it before. Presumably a reset of the amp will fix? Will try that.

I had the exact same thing after loading one of the earlier beta firmware and dos updates. I reloaded the firmware and not had the problem since.

I can’t be sure, but I think it was because I forgot to do the factory reset before loading the firmware by holding down the front button for five seconds while in off mode.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
The IOS app is flaky with the CI equipped Dev’s certainly mine always shows the wrong volume when first switched on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers