Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(12-Apr-2019, 15:40)NickTMS Wrote: I'm on my third day with 3 Orea bronze's under each of my 440 Pro sitting on a Hutter Rack. I agree with all the feedback given so far but two things in particular stand out for me. First how natural and engaging the music is. The other, and a totally unexpected outcome, is how they have improved the sound of my turntable, just so much more presence and a more tuneful bass. Anyone else found this? Considering trying the GAIA under the Olympica's ii's later in the year.

You don't need to change the footers under the TT but simply use Orea Bronzes under each of the 440 pro in turn the vinyl playback was (much) improved. That said, the phono module inside the Devialet is really sensitive to vibration.

So, maybe a bit off topic, has anyone tried replacing the spikes under your hifi rack with GAIA and also got great result?
(12-Apr-2019, 15:40)NickTMS Wrote: I'm on my third day with 3 Orea bronze's under each of my 440 Pro sitting on a Hutter Rack. I agree with all the feedback given so far but two things in particular stand out for me. First how natural and engaging the music is. The other, and a totally unexpected outcome, is how they have improved the sound of my turntable, just so much more presence and a more tuneful bass. Anyone else found this? Considering trying the GAIA under the Olympica's ii's later in the year.

Definitely wishing I had pumped the brakes a bit, but there were so many things wrong with the prior setup I did the cables (demoed first of course) and the pucks two weeks after new speakers.  Exactly where I want the system to be, for the most part, even if the arrangement is unorthodox and the room is untreated.  When pushed, I was told moving the pucks would make little difference, same if I swapped them out.  But I missed out on the process.
I too found no immediate material improvement on installing the Bronzes under my 440s. A day or two later - a totally different story. Glad that this is the general experience. It must be down to gradual compression of the foot materials.

Next stop - new power cords.
@Wdw

As always, thanks for the recommendation. I already have the GAIA III's for my speakers, and wandered across this thread a few days ago, added to my Xmas list.

Thanks to all for your commentary, very helpful albeit expensive....ok not super expensive as far as things go... Angel
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
met the Isoacoustics guys at the Capital Audio Fest 2019 (Nov 1-3) Washington DC and picked up OREA Graphite (3 pcs) with 33% discount for my Roon Nucleus. Made a nice SQ change for the better. Well worth the $$ spent.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(04-Dec-2019, 17:41)audio_engr Wrote: met the Isoacoustics guys at the Capital Audio Fest 2019 (Nov 1-3) Washington DC and picked up OREA Graphite (3 pcs) with 33% discount for my Roon Nucleus. Made a nice SQ change for the better. Well worth the $$ spent.

Interesting @audio_engr Would like to hear more. What had the most effect: adding the Orea Bronze under the Devialets or adding the Orea Graphite under your source (if the Roon Nucleus is your source that is).

I am pondering where to add these Orea's first. Under my source (Linn DS) or under the Devialets (stacked or separate).
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
I've got a Nucleus+ and a single Devialet 140 but they're not on Oreas, they're on a Grand Prix Audio Monaco stand. I do use Orea Bronzes under my ethernet switch which sits on the floor.

If you're going to add something for vibration reduction my advice is to start wherever the vibration issues are worst and that depends on what the component is, whether it has moving parts and/or has good vibration isolation treatment in its construction, and what the component is sitting on, whether that is a source of vibration in its own right and/or whether it transmits vibration to or from the component.

There are no moving parts in a Devialet which is a plus when it comes to vibration control. Your source is a Linn Akurate DS which seems to be a streamer only so no hard drive. If that's the case then it also has no moving parts. That means neither your Deviales or your Linn are vibration sources so what you're concerned about is transmission of vibration to them and microphonic effects from vibration within the component. I don't know how the Linn compares to Devialets when it comes to sensitivity to vibration but I think your major concern is reducing vibration transmission to components so what are they sitting on? Are they sitting in the same rack or on the same shelf, or are they sitting on different things entirely?

My advice would be to look at what your components are sitting on and to start with the component that has the support which is most prone to transmitting vibration. Look at simple experiments like seeing whether you can feel vibration through a finger placed lightly on whatever each component is sitting on while playing loud music, or placing a glass with a small amount of water in it on the support and seeing whether the surface of the water is disturbed when you play loud music. Work out where the biggest vibration issue is and treat that first because that's where you're likely to see the biggest impact.

Stacked or separate Devialets? My feeling is that it's best not to stack components, both for vibration control and also for cooling and to prevent overheating, so I'd put the 2 amps either side by side or on separate shelves if at all possible. If you're going to have them stacked then you need to consider whether you use Oreas only below the lower amp or whether you also use some between the 2 amps. If you're going to use them between the 2 amps as well as below the lower amp then remember that the lower set of Oreas is supporting 2 amps and the upper set is supporting only 1 amp and that the Oreas are weight sensitive so you may need to use different models below the lower amp and between the amps. Stacking what are effectively spring suspension devices like that can sometimes cause issues so you may be better off only using one set below the lower amp but the only way to find out what works best in your situation is going to be trying it both ways.

I know that isn't a nice, clear cut answer to your questions but I think it's the best answer anyone can give. The answer depends on the vibration situation in your setup and that depends on things like your floor, your building and it's location, outside vibration sources such as construction work/traffic/railways including subways/etc plus whatever your equipment is currently sitting on, how loud you like to play things, and how close your speakers are to your components. What works best for some other people may not work best for you and vice versa.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Great guidance David!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Thank you for your elaborate answer David. I understand what you are saying. My interest in the IsoAcoustics Orea series was triggered, when I experienced the effect of their Gaia II under my speakers first hand. By isolating my speakers, I can now hear a lot more microdetail in highs, mids and lows. This just made me ponder if adding some Orea's under my components could have an added effect.

I was well aware that my speakers made the floor resonate. So looking for a solution, I bought myself two sets of Gaia II last month. I am pretty impressed what they have done for the sound. The Gaia's seem to have cured the floor from resonating with the speakers. Since my components are not in a proper hifi rack, but instead on top of a wooden side table, I am sure this had an effect before. Indeed my CO inenten don't have any moving parts and I am not playing vinyl, so I am just looking for a way to decouple from a possibly vibrating surrounding. Either from Vibration by walking in the room (wooden Floors) or from other components and was wondering where to start. I am prepared to experiment ofcourse what decoupler works best, but am always in for some experience sharing before I take my next step. As you state, these Orea's (as are the Gaia's) are designated to work best with a certain weight. Experimenting would mean loaning three types (x3) because of the weight of the components, so am still interested in the experience audio_eng had when adding them to his system before asking my dealer if he will loan me some.

I am well aware there are no generic, straight answers in these matters. Part of the fun is talking about what could work and share experiences. I just might reach out to my dealer and try them all this Christmas holiday. If I do, I will report back ofcourse.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
For me, the IsoAcoustics GAIA II under my speakers made a big improvement. Bronze under each Expert Pro (440 not stacked) made a less but still quite noticeable improvement. Had not considered putting Graphites under my computer but I'll soon be buying a NUC dedicated to Roon and the Graphites might be a nice addition, but seem a bit overkill since a NUC is under 2 lbs I think.

You don't see the IsoAcoustics products discounted much so kudos to you, @audio_engr for swinging the 33% discount. Discount for CAF attendees only?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA