Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New App?
You'll be able to chose between PLC or Wifi and keep the settings.
I just want Bluetooth to be secured
Please excuse my poor reputation
So what’s the expectation? September release?
(09-Jul-2019, 18:46)streamy Wrote:
(09-Jul-2019, 16:01)DG3IL5 Wrote: You can be almost certain that the DIALOG box will disappear, and this is undoubtedly the reason why DEVIALET is currently offering it so generously for any purchase of 2 Phantom Premier. The liquidation of stock of products soon to be obsolete, disguised as a gift, made to the most zealous customers, is a clever move... at least until these same customers realize in 2~3 months that this gift - which never was one - now has no value other than these (quite questionable) decorative qualities.
I hope Devialet won’t be that stupid to drop the Dialog. It is essential for using PLC and PLC allows to not have to use WiFi or Ethernet for streaming content to the Phantoms. In places with weak WiFi and lack of Ethernet cabling PLC is great and works for me 100% reliable on 3 Phantoms without loading my WiFi. I’m not confident that 3 or more Phantoms will work fine with 24bit/192k streams on a consumer WiFi to the garden or patio in full synchronization and then from which server? An iPhone? Sure, Roon RAAT could be an alternative, but the load on a private WiFi network will increase and might impact ‘family use’ whereas a proprietary PLC network used by Phantoms and Dialog does not. A better Dialog that replaces my almost 5 year old one, one with more and better inputs (hdmi, better optical, maybe also analog input, and ...) and RAAT would really be welcome! Let’s keep hopes high!
I agree that the Dialog should be kept but made optional for stereo pairing.  Not everyone has good WiFi, so good to have this wired option

I also think Devialet should upgrade the Dialog to improve connectivity for home theatre use and improve the cooling.
Any update on release date?
Wondering if its only app update on firmware upgrade involved.
One of the owners of Roon has developed a Roon extension that uses the UPnP protocol to adjust the volume on Phantom while using the optical input. Great way to bypass the Spark app while waiting for the new app.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(25-Jul-2019, 10:47)ragwo Wrote: One of the owners of Roon has developed a Roon extension that uses the UPnP protocol to adjust the volume on Phantom while using the optical input. Great way to bypass the Spark app while waiting for the new app.
Any word on whether Roon will ever do UPnP in full?
(25-Jul-2019, 12:22)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(25-Jul-2019, 10:47)ragwo Wrote: One of the owners of Roon has developed a Roon extension that uses the UPnP protocol to adjust the volume on Phantom while using the optical input. Great way to bypass the Spark app while waiting for the new app.
Any word on whether Roon will ever do UPnP in full?
Roon will never do UPnP in full because of the lack of a standard as I understand. There's a detailed explanation of why at the Roon user forum. The extension is just a hack because the guy uses Phantom at home and work and doesn't like the Spark app.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have added the https://github.com/RoonLabs/roon-extensi...tom-volume extension to my Raspberry Pi and it works really well. Also I bought a Powermate Bluetooth knob, but it is not yet possible to use it with the RPi. For now, as my Roon core runs on a MacMini (in another room but close enough to my main listening place) I have installed the Powermate SW on the Mac and control the Roon volume with it, which adjusts the Phantom volume directly using the extension. Spark gets used less and less. Hopefully, the new app and needed Phantom firmware will still allow this hack or provides Roon RAAT that would replace the extension.
Ohhhhh, how I would love to lose the Dialog. One fewer plug, one fewer box on top of my other boxes, two fewer ethernet cords... heaven. It would be delivering on the minimalist promise of the Phantom experience. I just hope any Dialog-killing app works with my Golds.
(27-Jul-2019, 21:19)Eggman Wrote: Ohhhhh, how I would love to lose the Dialog. One fewer plug, one fewer box on top of my other boxes, two fewer ethernet cords... heaven. It would be delivering on the minimalist promise of the Phantom experience. I just hope any Dialog-killing app works with my Golds.

Clearly you do not own any Reactors.