Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
(22-Feb-2021, 19:30)bernardl Wrote: I am glad I canceled my order back in December.

Devialet has seemingly still not understood that the old “let’s get it out and get our first customers to debug our software” mantra is not applicable anymore in 2021.

I’ll probably donate them a copy of the books “lean UX” and “The lean start up”. Really... they seem to be still thinking that MVP is an NBA thing.

Cheers,
Bernard

I think they are hopeless, they have proven with all their products they can’t create software and they don’t care about customer experience and I am pretty sure this is a management issue. They will close or leave these are the only options they have. It is going no where for last 3 years. All I see is constant failure. I am sorry to say but today in 2021 even the close Chine brands are not that bad and buggy. We supposed to have ‘premium’ experience.

As a customer probably I have right to just complain but this in an open message to them, I am ready to help in processes or development if they are open to get support from outside. For free and I can sign an NDA and do my best to help the brand because I loved the idea back in the day. The only problem is they can’t meet anywhere near to proper in terms of software. Anyway, we know nothing will change. This is old story that we have with Phantoms and Experts.
I agree with you.
The technical choices are bad. A capsule that turns off the headphones is bad. No one has made this choice for years. Earin had made this mistake on the M1 ...
But they are withdrawn from the sale, and there is no rush to find a solution just beta to evolve the experience. They prefer to refund, that is to say that we are far from the update
(24-Feb-2021, 08:51)Ounerbouks Wrote: I agree with you.
The technical choices are bad. A capsule that turns off the headphones is bad. No one has made this choice for years. Earin had made this mistake on the M1 ...
But they are withdrawn from the sale, and there is no rush to find a solution just beta to evolve the experience. They prefer to refund, that is to say that we are far from the update

As much as I think you are right about this, I do hope you are at least somewhat wrong. I'm no expert on design but yeah it does seem their choices were far from the easiest to implement. But after removing "Gemini R", though every now and then I do get a battery drain, it is easily less then 1 in 10 times now, and if I be sure to follow protocol (shut off sound before insert into case) it seems to always work. So while I do hold out hope for improvements, for me their sound, ANC and transparency mode are exactly what I need and I also am no way going to return these.
G. 3 months since release and still the no stable release for this earbuds?
Lucky for me that i didn't bought them as "devialet fan" unfortunate for others.

Gone stick to my bose soundsport wireless.
(24-Feb-2021, 17:15)cresny Wrote:
(24-Feb-2021, 08:51)Ounerbouks Wrote: I agree with you.

As much as I think you are right about this, I do hope you are at least somewhat wrong. I'm no expert on design but yeah it does seem their choices were far from the easiest to implement. But after removing "Gemini R", though every now and then I do get a battery drain, it is easily less then 1 in 10 times now, and if I be sure to follow protocol (shut off sound before insert into case) it seems to always work. So while I do hold out hope for improvements, for me their sound, ANC and transparency mode are exactly what I need and I also am no way going to return these.

It doesn't bode well for these gemini and yes I've never seen it.
There may never be.
They missed everything. 

Devialet's image has deteriorated greatly.
Nobody gets to have a date? I believe the update we'll never see
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material
If an email I got from support is to be believed, the firmware will be released this coming Tuesday, April 6th. (fingers crossed!)
6 april, no firmware Sad